APUP Updated to v1.1
Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:33 PM
Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:08 AM
the removed files in the extras package was some third-party tools that aren't updated in about 2-3 years and booth synctoys, that always can be manually downloaded by those that require it
again, sorry for the trouble
Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:37 PM
Finally, the remember selections option is sweet. Remember talking about this a while back and I'm thankful that you guys managed to get it in.
Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:55 PM
this will be fixed soon
Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:27 PM
Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:33 AM
It was created with AP 1.05 in December 2008
It was updated today with AP 1.1
Many obsolete files were not deleted
This is not a major issue for me. I just created and downloaded a new directory from scratch. However, if you would like further details on the problem, I can provide it. I still have a before and after versions illustrating the problem (and could rerun the update with logging if desired).
Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:46 AM
for sure. the scripts are being cleaned every 3-4 months, to save bandwith in our server. we knew that this could happen, but there's another issue with comes with an uncleaned script: the log. it becomes huge and almost impossible to read and find the cause for any issue that the user has. also, an huge log doesn't fit in the maximum post size in the board. so, we regret to inform, but after some time, we are forced to clean the script
also, the bug that makes apup 1.1 re-download all the compressed files all times that you run it was tracked and we are already beta testing it. so far, no issue at all
Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:27 AM
Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:57 AM
Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:34 PM
Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:47 PM
APUP is run as administrator on Windows Server 2008 on the actual Administrator account login.
I keep getting the same error :
Verification Failed. One or more files have failed verification. Please re-run AutoPatcher Updater. If this problem persists, please report to the forums at AutoPatcher.com. I click OK, then Exit, and get :
apengine_rti_0711.7z - permission denied in prjUpdater.frmMain.Form_Unload at line 106
Being Administrator, I have full permissions to the directory. And as I said - I created the directory just today when I discovered there was an update to v1.1. Please find the log attached.
Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:21 PM
Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:12 PM
i would be happy to test a 1.2 build, let me know what combinations you want to try. - clean from scratch and or updating a folder already in existence.
in the past I used the older version of apup to download windows xp and office 2003 as clean directory structures at home, compressed them into self extracting exe's with 7z and kept them on the network at work and a pen drive for transport. once 400mb file copies much quicker on pen sticks and onto laptops etc. then it can be extracted to desktop and run from there.
with the updates now working through a proxy this has made it much easier to update where I work in a uk 6th form education site with 500+ pc's. We run a smooth wall Linux based proxy/firewall through a BT 20mb business adsl 2
at home I have had no perceived problems downloading the patches on my windows 7 x64 os for windows xp or vista.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users