2 questions ...
Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:26 PM
2. The red marks with Unofficial/Unsupported Release is shown even if About->Release Info has all Release values set to True. What now ? It is bad or I can skip it ?
Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:28 PM
2 - the autopatcher checks works in this way:
- if the user is missing an file, the release becomes unofficial;
- if the user has all files from the release, but he also has some extra files, like an rogue txt or even an .exe file that should not be in there, then the release may show as official, but autopatcher will set himself as unofficial
> It is bad or I can skip it ?
yes, it is, due several reasons. between those reasons:
- you may waste time installing files that you don't need anymore;
- you will waste space due files that doesn't work anymore;
- you will not be sure that the files was download as expected
Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:49 PM
Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:08 PM
there's an md5 file into autopatcher root. any md5 checker, like hksfv is able to check for missing files. as for extra files, you need take an recursive md5 with the tool that you like (almost all are free and small. hksfv has just about 200K) and post it in this forum, that we can check it for you. by the way: the cleaning is being done with the main script, not with extras, nor java, etc. just as an sample, the extras script has the removals since 2008 untouched. and the reason is very simple: there's just a few changes into this script, making the size of if manageable. but with the main one, in a few months that becomes nearly impossible to read and the log becomes huge, besides, there's the download size issue
Edited by Cristiano, 15 March 2010 - 10:09 PM.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users