Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:23 PM
When I'm running APUP it fails with a verification error message.
I've looked at the log and it contains the following 3 errors:
"Download Error: C:\WSUS\apup\modules\NonCritical\__WMP_noncritical.apm
File size does NOT match. Expecting 1752, but found 1822!!!
Download Error: C:\WSUS\apup\modules\Components\directx_files\directx_Jun2010_redist.exe
MD5 Hashes do NOT match. Expecting 4E41372E8775E8025BE013480B0629B3, but found 0277b2df5337d1a72649c2f5bfef1974!!!
Download Error: C:\WSUS\apup\temp_bin\md5_checksum_for_Extras_Addon_Pack.7z
File size does NOT match. Expecting 4972, but found 6450!!!"
I've tried this from several PC's
Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:27 PM
XP SP3 - removed __WMP_noncritical.apm from the release, a new .apm downloaded fine and passed verification.
Extras - removed md5_checksum_for_Extras_Addon_Pack.md5 so a new .7z would download, passed verification and .md5 file was extracted as usual.
I can't test DirectX because of a dialup connection. This is strange though, looking back at the last 3 .md5sums for DirectX I don't see the sum you show for 'Expected' - this is what I see from the scripts...
Aug 2009 - 3F615F38FDC5EE3A8F142DC6F7594657
Feb 2010 - 4cf007a355cb5f34a3c5c400113b33c3
June 2010 -
The releases are Official. You didn't post log files like we ask (unedited and in the proper forums, btw this isn't an AutoPatcher bug), we can guess you may be getting an old .script. The scripts I get are 'autopatcher_xp_sp3_enu_20100826.script', 'autopatcher_directx-06-2010.script', 'autopatcher_extras_20100901.script'.
Sorry, I was in a rush and copied the wrong md5 for June 2010 DX - the script appears to be correct. I would say maybe an incomplete download.
Edited by gUiTaR_mIkE, 02 September 2010 - 08:01 PM.
Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:31 PM
Again, working too fast. If the file had changed I would expect the date to change as well - 'directx_Aug2010_redist.exe' or Sept. The issue is the .md5sum, I would guess a corrupt download. If the download is good there should be a new Digital Signature timestamp as well - check file 'Properties' - 'Digital Signatures'. If the 'timestamp' is Friday June 04 2010, the OP's download is bad, the OP got the correct file but the download is incomplete.
This is the timestamp you want - 'Timestamp' of Friday June 04 2010 and the correct .md5 - 4E41372E8775E8025BE013480B0629B3.
If there is a new file available you would expect a new .md5sum, new file name, and a new timestamp.
Edited by gUiTaR_mIkE, 02 September 2010 - 08:22 PM.
Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:34 PM
as son the download of direct x be complete, i will report back
Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:55 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users