ViroMan's Beta Application
Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:12 PM
Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:17 AM
Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:18 PM
Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:03 AM
Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:42 PM
Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:45 PM
Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:28 PM
1) Getting the cancel download button to work when you tell it to stop... not after it finishes one file. (Thats happening due to not being multi threaded... easy fix but im making it complicated by throwing in the ability for parallel downloads, although I won't enable more then one download till I do some testing.)
2) A little bit more testing on the scripts needs to be done. We had a problem a while ago and I believe it was fixed but, need to do some testing on it.(the rename command wasn't renaming and the delete command sometimes didn't delete. Not big issues of course but, that could mean that other commands might fail under some situations.)
Other then those two there are only minor things to do during the public beta.
* Use detection scripts instead of detections programmed in. (40% done)
* Ability to either make Zips or ISO of download after finish. (5%)
* Support for other languages. [All the text in your language] (0%)
* Getting the speed to report the proper speed. [Indy doesn't seem to have an easy way to do this] (0%)
* Tons of other things I forget.
Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:53 AM
Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:23 AM
After the new scripts are done a public beta will be held even if I don't finish the cancel download button in time.
Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:39 AM
Before people start testing and getting crashes... apup2 still has problems with some firewalls/antivirus that let apup2 connect but then the firewall kills the connection after some data is downloaded. im still looking into why. (norton and kaspersky 2012,[ 2011 works fine])
Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:01 PM
Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:12 PM
Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:13 AM
Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:30 PM
but hey, this seems to be the best apup ever done, with features long waited for everybody and due this serious bug tracking, i think that all the know problems will be fixed
Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:35 AM
Either me or cristiano will post some pics of the program while its running shortly. so you can all drool on your monitor.
Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:58 AM
This picture is what you will see when you first turn it on... YAYE! Ya, no.... it looks boring but, I don't want it to auto download the list because you might have another list you want it to download... if thats the case hit the options button.
In the options window we can see many useful things. Somethings YOU the user will not see when it goes public like the debug: dont download option and maby the parallel downloads(im still working on it). The blank empty space is a placeholder for the after downloads options, to make zips or iso's.
Does this need an explanation? I don't think so.
Anyone want a sexy download progress window?
Make sure to wipe your keyboard and monitor down when your done drooling or what ever nasty things you might be doing.
PS we will soon hold a contest for APUP2's icon. Current icon is a default icon from Borland its crappy and is not related to AutoPatcher. You users will make us an icon and everyone will vote which is best and I will put it in.
Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:42 AM
Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:47 AM
Right now I think Domenico is working on the common modules... someone complained about the X86 and X64 so he is splitting it up. Looks like he went to bed before he finished because the common module will not download at the moment.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users