Decided to do some computer work, now winters here, so please help with some advice that I can follow, as I am only an amateur tech, and do a lot of things parrot fashion.
First, the computer I am using at present is an AMD XP2000, with XP SP2, that I am going to rebuild and reinstall XP SP3, to upddate, and keep as a backup computer.
I decided to update my AutoP XP3 Jan 12 to AutoP XP3 Jun 12. ready to reinstall ... log file attached ..... see bottom of page. Unfortunately, after I had updated my AutoP XP3 Jan 12, and needed to run Apup again, because some files had not downloaded properly, I ran into " Error Fetching Releases "
Firstly I noticed that a new apup has been installed into its own folder, and the old apup has been suffixed .old, so it does not work anymore .... that's OK an update. This is the log file :-
APUP Has Started
Operating System: English (1033) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Current Locale: English - New Zealand / Non-Unicode Default: English - New Zealand
Starting APUP From: D:\Bills Stuff\Software\AutoP XP3 Jun 12\apup
Date & Time: 21-Jun-2012 08:30 UTC Offset: 12
List file HTTP location: http://www.autopatch...m/releases.list
Error running curl. Command: "D:\Bills Stuff\Software\AutoP XP3 Jun 12\apup\apup_bin\curl.exe" http://www.autopatch...m/releases.list -o "D:\Bills Stuff\Software\AutoP XP3 Jun 12\apup\temp_bin\releases.list"
Return code: 7
Description: Failed to connect to host.
Download queue processed. Proceeding to next phase.
I would be very gratful for some simple instructions to cure this problem. I have browsed around, and found a lot of other people have this problem, but not return code 7, and I cannot understand explanations of how to solve the proxy problem.
Well I tried to attach the file but it will not attach, please advise.
Edited by BIL3, 20 June 2012 - 10:32 PM.