Desktop Language Settings Addon
Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:45 AM
Microsoft Office Addons > Desktop Language Settings Addon, the APM states:
Title=Desktop Language Settings Addon
Description=This download is a single tool to identify and change language, keyboard, and regional settings for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Office 2003 programs.
This program is not applicable to anything except Office 2003 - it should not be listed for users with different versions of Office. Plus, as indicated above, I found this in XP Pro x64 w/SP2, the APM states:
so, why is this item showing in XP Pro x64?
You should change the desklang_enu.apm so that [OfficeComponents] don't point to =ANY but to the correct version of Office (I have no idea as to what it should be for Office 2003).
Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:01 AM
Windows XP x64 is based on Windows 2K3 code, so in a manner of speaking your in that support list..
Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:24 PM
That being said. They both have same OS version reporting. Both report as 5.2. There are way to differentiate the minor differences such as pulling up GetSystemMetrics(SM_SERVERR2) and OSVERSIONINFOEX.wSuiteMask. We do that to find out the minor differences if its not Win x64.
Edited by ViroMan, 01 June 2013 - 07:29 PM.
Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:34 PM
Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:42 PM
For example, you can:
- Change the current or enabled language for all Microsoft Office 2003 programs
- Change the language preferences for menus and dialogs in the Microsoft Windows User Interface
- Select location or regional formats for numbers, currency or date and time settings
- Change the default keyboard language
- Change language preferences for Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Display the on-screen keyboard
- Users that regularly work in a multilingual environment
- Users that share the same PC but use different language settings
- Users that work in one language but communicate with friends and colleagues in another
- Users that work with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Microsoft Office 2003 programs in a variety of different languages or regional settings
- IT administrators or technicians that facilitate multilingual users to resolve language, regional, or keyboard issues
- Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings
- The Language bar
- Text Services and Input Languages
- Regional Language Options
The OP asked why this is showing up in XP x64, it looks like 2K, 2K3, and XP (x86 & x64) are the target OSes. If you follow the link to the update in your XP x64 OS, you should get a warning "this update doesn't apply" when the website detects your OS...?
Edited by _def_x_, 02 June 2013 - 03:03 PM.
Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:35 PM
I have Office Home and Student 2010 installed in XP and Office Professional 2010 installed in Win7 - I was asking why the option to download and install an Office 2003 desktop language settings addon was shown in AutoPatcher - to me it should not be listed.
Office Home and Student 2010 > Office 2010 Tools includes an option: Office 2010 Language Preferences - which I would think precludes a necessity to download the Office 2003 Desktop Language Settings Addon and, probably, the Microsoft Captions Language Interface Pack (CLIP). Also, checked Win7 Ultimate 64bit and Office Pro 2010 - same item exists in Office Tools.
Edited by DesertJerry, 02 June 2013 - 10:11 PM.
Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:57 PM
AP finds the EXE of each component and pulls its file version to do the compare on.
This link tells me the version I am looking for is 11 for 2003. So open your apm(desklang_enu.apm) and edit this
as a side note visio is also a dll file now not an exe so AP no longer detects that will have to edit that.
Edited by ViroMan, 16 June 2013 - 07:06 PM.
Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:36 PM
Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:54 PM
Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:11 PM
Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:20 AM
Edited by DesertJerry, 21 June 2013 - 04:21 AM.
Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:48 PM
Edited by ViroMan, 23 June 2013 - 10:57 PM.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users