Attempting to initialize common controls.
AutoPatcher 5.6 loaded the filesystem.
Detected English (1033) Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Windows Media Player: 126.96.36.19950
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322|1.1SP0|2.0.50727.42|2.0SP0
Windows Installer: 3.0.3790.2180
At the very end of the 3+ hour download, with only 2 seconds to go, I got a the first Error, it said that the last download did not complete, but did I want to go ahead anyway... the last download was AutoPatcherxxx.zip. I then ran Autopatcher.exe of 556KB and that is when I got the above Error Report. Now what?
Note: On the front Update screen, some 100 Updates were checked... at the top of this page, it says that all items checked in blue will be removed.... yet they are the Downloads to be installed!
The Yikes Error Report detailed above is the LOG report, which says nothing about what it says on the Front Page of the Yikes Error Report. In my case, altho the explanation at the bottom is cut off and not scrollable or enlargeable to read the rest of it, there was mention of RICHTX32.OCX being out of date, and to update it... but doesn't indicate WHERE updating is needed, so I did a Search. APUP shows v 188.8.131.52 which IS the most recent. But my C:\Windows\System32 showed v 184.108.40.206 and my Folder for UBCD4Win\BartPE showed v 220.127.116.11. I Downloaded v 18.104.22.168 and Pasted it into the two instances of older versions and they updated. Ran Autopatcher.exe again and there was no Error... which means that it is NOT just APUP that has to have the latest version, but probably System32 also... I don't think APUP was reading the UBCD4Win version. 3 hrs and 44 min to download 152 Updates... and 1 hr 38 mins to Install ... the 152nd Update was KB945553. Great job guys, as you can see I have put off Updating for MONTHS! Now I am current... altho I DO notice that my agile XP is slightly slow....
Edited by olamoree, 12 April 2008 - 05:51 AM.