AutoStreamer and SP3
Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:04 PM
Opted to try to use it yesterday to slipstream XP SP3 into an XP Pro and XP Home CD to then burn new XP Pro or Home with SP3 CDs.
Only one issue - AutoStreamer would not do its thing if the source was my CD/DVD drive. It recognized the cd in the drive, had no problem recognizing the SP3 download, accepted all the other information as I filled in the blocks for location, file name, ISO name, etc but when I then clicked Next for the process to start the only thing it did was create the \$AutoStreamer$ temporary folder. (I believe that's the correct folder name - it's gone now.)(No log file, don't know if AutoStreamer creates one.)
So I decided to copy the source CD to a folder on the hard drive and tell AutoStreamer "I want to specify my own local Windows share". I then pointed to the appropriate folder and everything went just fine; slipstreaming was a success, ISO file made, and image burned to a cd for both Pro and Home systems.
Have no idea as to what could be the problem.
Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:46 AM
The About box has: Antonis Kaladis as Project Manager & Lead Developer
and: Ben Burrows as Project Manager
Can I safely assume that users of AutoStreamer are on their own as far as help and/or updates are concerned?
Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:53 PM
Antonis has been a bit... absent recently. Perhaps you could try contacting him directly?
Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:28 AM
Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:40 PM
My original XP Pro was purchased as SP1. I then used AutoStreamer and the SP2 download to create an XP w/SP2 CD. That's when the problem occured; AutoStreamer would not 'read' the SP2 CD but ran just fine after I copied the XP w/SP2 CD to the harddrive and used that folder as the source; SP3 download was slipstreamed, the ISO was created, and the XP Pro w/SP3 CD was burned.
Problem occured twice; once trying to slipstream the Pro CD, see above, and again when trying to slipstream using my Home w/SP2 CD (this one an original XP Home w/SP2 CD).
Other than that one problem AutoStreamer did work as expected, the glitch is only a minor problem but I thought it should be mentioned.
Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:07 PM
Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:36 AM
Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:43 AM
First, I use AutoStreamer to slipstream only the service packs and burn new/updated CDs.
Then, as I deem it necessary, I use the RyanVM Integrator to then update the XP w/SP3 CD using the latest UpdatePacks from Ryan/Siginet/etc, plus a long selection of Addons, followed by the WMP11 Slipstreamer, and the latest DriverPacks.
But, of course, all that has nothing to do with the minor glitch I had using AutoStreamer to slipstream the XP SP3 download with the XP w/SP2 CD.
As I said, I did get it to work finally; I was just passing on a problem I had had.
Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:20 AM
AutoStreamer recognized the fact I had the CD in the drive and I could proceed and fill in the boxes but after the \$AutoStreamer$ folder was created nothing else happened, AutoStreamer did not copy the contents of the CD to the temp folder so the slipstreaming process could continue.
As before, I copied the CD to a folder on the hard drive and AutoStreamer worked flawlessly; ISO was created and new XP Pro w/SP3 CD burned.
So, this is only a WAG (wild-###### guess) on my part but could AutoStreamer have a problem with a SATA CD/DVD drive? That's the only difference I can think of between my years earlier use of AutoStreamer and present use.
Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:52 AM
i've tested that. i've checked my piooner 212d also source, then i've set the location for the sp. it said that i must specify the cd first. then, i did it again and i've got the "next" button. then, i've set an label and a location to save the iso (C:\temp\test.iso) and checked the "next" button. it worked
Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:50 PM
> checked the "next" button. it worked
When the 'Next" button was checked did AutoStreamer really slipstream the update?
I'm asking because, in my cases, the "Next" button was there and seemed to 'work' but the process of copying files never started.
Oh well, at least it worked after copying everyhting to the hard drive.
Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:07 AM
yes. and booth drives are sata:
and at the end, the desired ISO was there
Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:45 PM
Edited by irmag2, 24 April 2009 - 04:46 PM.
Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:57 PM
Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:21 AM
Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:24 AM
The original disc was SP1, slipstreamed to include SP3. If Autostreamer would have put the info into the disc ID, identifying it as SP3 version, I am sure it would be OK to use for the Windows repair.....?
I find what I believe are all the needed files for SP3 for a full reload on the CD.
Edited by irmag2, 25 April 2009 - 03:27 AM.
Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:09 AM
in deed, autostreamer does that. i did my windows cd with that tool, without any trouble. perhaps the issue be with the windows source cd. but please notice that not all windows cds works for repair. in order to that works, some changes must to be made at setupp.ini. i'm not kite sure, but if i'm not mistaken, the setupp.ini must allow update too, in order to repair works. also, if i'm not mistaken, oem cds doesn't work for repair, unless setupp.ini is changed to look like an retail cd that also works with oem keys
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users