autopatcher.exe not downloaded
Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:16 PM
after I used apup and downloaded every thing for my xp sp3 I did not find the autopatcher.exe downloaded I tried many times but it did not download what I should do ?.
also please advice if I should install now the updates or wait because I found many members complains here about update problems for sp3
Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:32 PM
You will probably find that apup.log is too big to post, in which case do the following:
[indent]1. Cut and paste the first 20 lines or so
2. Skip over all the "Attempting to delete...." lines and "Executing shell command: del...." lines
by searching for the phrase "Starting detection routine for item"
3. Cut and paste the next 50 or so lines[/indent]
Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:15 PM
apup is downloading the .zip file that holds AutoPatcher.exe but is not unzipping the files. It is then deleting the .zip file.
This may be because your folder name contains spaces. Could you please use a folder name with NO spaces in it. You can:
[indent]rename "F:\My Samsung & drivers\" to "F:\My_Samsung_&_drivers\"[/indent]
[indent]move "F:\My Samsung & drivers\apup" to a new folder with no spaces, for example "F:\AutoPatcher\apup"[/indent]
then run apup again.
Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:21 PM
Posted 28 June 2008 - 02:57 PM
you should find the file TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe.
You can then either run TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe yourself, or use 7-zip or WinZip to extract the file TweakUI.exe to the same folder, after which apup.exe/autopatcher.exe should work normally.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users