Office 2002/XP detection woes
Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:55 PM
1) Microsoft (wrongly in my opinion) always reports KB923031 as missing, even if OWC is not installed.
2) AutoPatcher fails to detect KB947866 (aka MS08-016/949030) as missing. This is probably because the component SKUs are missing in the detection logic.
You have to read between the lines in the information publically available from Microsoft, but I suggest adding SKUs 15 (Access) 16 (Excel) 17 (FrontPage) and 18 (PowerPoint) to the affected GUIDs.
3) APUP is downloading rti info, autopatcher.exe is verifying the release, but still reports itself as "Unofficial/..."
Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:25 PM
Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:05 AM
I think the same missing component SKUs may apply to a bunch of already installed updates too. At present, with only Excel installed, nothing earlier that KB914796 shows in AutoPatcher's window.
I'll follow this up with more exact details in a few days time.
Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:55 AM
- OWC10 only installed - OWC.dll only needs to be updated
- Any Office 10 suite without OWC10 installed - Only Msowc.dll needs to be updated
- Any Office 10 suite with OWC10 installed - Both OWC10.dll and Msowc.dll needs to be updated
And before you ask: Update for Access 2002 (KB904018) updates Mscdm.dll which is required when you install OWC10
Good point since this updates Mso.dll. These SKU's have been added to KB947866. I've collected a lot of Office versions/suites but I admittedly don't have them all. Let me know if you find anything else in your research
I might need to make this a front page post - The RTI file is legit which this means that there are "extra" files or something that shouldn't be there. An rti file doesn't exist for jre-6u7-windows-i586-p.exe yet which could be the culprit. Also you might need to delete your "modules" folder and download everything again in order to guarantee a "clean" copy. Also make sure you up the AutoPatcher Engine in order to grab the rti for this too.
Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:03 AM
now I've got you typing KB923031 instead of KB932031 as well as me!!
I've taken your other points on board, thanks.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users